Track the AmFam Championship scoreboard and learn more or pledge today for Birdies To End Alzheimer's this weekend at University Ridge.
According to the National Alzheimer’s Association:
- 5.7 Million people are living with Alzheimer’s disease right now.
- If they don’t find a cure 14 million people are projected to have the disease by 2050.
- Every 65 seconds someone is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.
- In 2018 the costs for dealing with this disease with exceed 277 billion dollars.
- By 2050 those costs will increase to more than 1 trillion dollars a year.
- It is the 6th leading cause of death in the US.
- It kills more than Breast Cancer and prostate cancer combined.
- 1 of every 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia.
- In 2017 caregivers provided an estimated 18.4 billion hours of care for those people who have Alzheimer’s disease.
- Early and accurate diagnosis could save up to 7.9 trillion dollars in medical and care costs.
The Big 1070 will be LIVE from University Ridge during the AmFam Championship with live updates and live shows!
Thursday, June 21 and Friday, June 22 - The Mike Heller Show (3-6pm)
Saturday, June 23 - Garbedian on Golf (9-11am on The Big 920)
Sunday, June 24 - Garbedian On Golf (8-10am)
Our coverage of the AmFam Championship is brought to you by Middleton Ford, Coachman's Golf, Gallant Knight, Hubert Trailer, and Fields of Madison.