The Big 1070 (1070 AM/100.9 FM) in Madison is proud to announce its Game of the Week coverage for the 2019-2020 high school basketball season!
Coverage will include 12 games in a "Game of the Week" arrangement for weekly coverage of boys and girls basketball. The broadcast schedule begins December 3 and wraps up February 27 on the final day of the regular season.
Jimmie Kaska will return to call the majority of the schedule this season. Kaska is in his 17th year of calling games for iHeartMedia and other radio stations in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, and Iowa.
Mike Pilch will return to call several of this year's games this season. Pilch is a pregame host on the Badger Sports Network, with several other roles in Wisconsin Badgers broadcasts, and can be heard daily on sports and news/talk stations in Milwaukee and Madison and on iHeartRadio.
- Opening night of the broadcast schedule is December 3, when Monona Grove hosts Mount Horeb in a pairing of the two defending Badger Conference champions in boys basketball.
- Our second Game of the Week will be a non-conference showdown between the Badger South and Rock Valley as Oregon makes the short trek East to McFarland on December 10..
- Wrapping up the 2019 portion of the schedule will be our first foray into the Big 8 when Madison West visits Verona and new Verona coach Eddie Singleton on December 20.
- 2020 kicks off in a big way when two of the top teams in the state tangle in the Big 8: Madison La Follette visits Sun Prairie on January 7.
- The first of three girls basketball broadcasts this season takes place on January 14 as Sun Prairie takes on Edgewood in non-conference action.
- Two days later, we'll be covering a big showdown in the Badger North when DeForest visits Mount Horeb on January 16.
- After a week off, The Big 1070 jumps back into the fray with two girls basketball games in one week. First, it's Stoughton at Monona Grove in a Badger South clash on January 28.
- Then, the rematch of one of the most anticipated match-ups statewide in girls hoops, it's a Big 8 showdown between Middleton and Madison Memorial on January 31.
- February's coverage begins with a Big 8 boys basketball game between Madison Memorial and Middleton on February 7.
- Our last scheduled dip into the Badger South is on February 11, when Edgewood visits Stoughton in a pairing of conference-contending teams.
- February 21 will be our now-annual coverage of one of the greatest rivalries in the area (or the state) in boys basketball: Madison East visits Madison La Follette with Big 8 conference stakes likely in play.
- Our coverage will wrap up on February 27 in a to-be-announced contest from the Big 8, Badger North, or Badger South.
You can listen to most games on 1070 AM, 100.9 FM, and iHeartRadio. Stay tuned to our social media channels and over-the-air announcements if the game is to be broadcast on 1070 AM only.
All games can be heard on iHeartRadio by searching for The Big 1070. Here is our full schedule:
- December 3: Mount Horeb at Monona Grove
- December 10: Oregon at McFarland
- December 20: West at Verona
- January 7: La Follette at Sun Prairie
- January 14: Sun Prairie at Edgewood (girls)
- January 16: DeForest at Mount Horeb
- January 28: Stoughton at Monona Grove (girls)
- January 31: Madison Memorial at Middleton (girls)
- February 7: Madison Memorial at Middleton
- February 11: Edgewood at Stoughton
- February 21: East at La Follette
- Februray 27: TBD
Coverage of all winter sports can be heard on The Prep Report, Wednesday nights at 6 p.m. on The Big 1070.