Regional semifinals and finals get underway this Friday and Saturday, so we preview the high school girls basketball brackets with Norbert Durst of WisSports.net.
- Division 5 seems to be Black Hawk and everyone else; the Warriors have already played and beaten some of the state's best teams in higher divisions.
- Division 4 is probably the most rock-solid lock of any bracket, as Aquinas has hammered the opposition in-state this year. That includes a win over Division 2 power Beaver Dam.
- Division 3 tends to trend wide-open, and while defending champion Marshall is a #1 seed, there are plenty of contenders in the field this year.
- Division 2 is perhaps a little more competitive now that Beaver Dam has proven mortal this year with a loss to Aquinas, but teams like Hortonville and others will still have to likely beat the champ to be the champ.
- Division 1 sets up to be an entertaining field, with rock-solid contenders in every sectional and each sectional containing multiple teams capable of a deep run.
You can see the brackets by clicking here.