If you're looking for rising stock among Packers players, just look to the defensive side of the ball, where another solid performance highlighted some of the big changes in Green Bay this offseason.
David Michalski of Cheesehead TV writes that he'd like a lot of Smith, Inc. stock right now:
- Preston Smith: What can you say about Preston, other than he makes a huuuge play every single week.
- Za'Darius Smith: Z has been the heartbeat of this defense from the start of training camp and it is becoming very evident that this unit is following his lead and becoming a force to be reckoned with.
- Darnell Savage: This kid has promise and has a chance to be special. He makes plays as he did on Sunday look routine.
- Brian Bulaga: Brian's performance to this point has been outstanding. For the past three weeks, Bulaga has been able to withstand the heat of some petty intimidating pass rushes and has not allowed a sack.
- JK Scott: Scott is averaging 48.6 yards per punt (43.7 yards net) and has already pinned 9 of his punts inside of the opponents 20-yard line.
There's a few players that have work to do:
- Geronimo Allison: The Packers tendered Allison, thinking that this would be the year he would emerge as the primary second option behind Davante Adams. This clearly hasn't happened, and as a result, the Packers are still looking for a consistent second option behind Adams to alleviate some of the coverage coming his way.
- Jimmy Graham: Let's see if LaFleur actually gets Graham involved in the offense this week. He could provide another viable check-down option for Rodgers when his pocket collapses.
- Kevin King: King had a rough day at the office on Sunday as Courtland Sutton had his way with him. It was a brutal Sunday for King.
You can read the full article at Cheesehead TV by clicking here.
Photo: Getty Images