After everyone got a chance to sleep on it, the national media largely came out against the Packers' decision to trade up and draft Utah State quarterback Jordan Love.
Here's a sampling of the takes in the morning after the Packers traded a first- and fourth-round pick to move up four spots to grab Love.
- Rob Demovsky tells Dan Patrick there's some interesting parallels to when Rodgers was drafted to replace Brett Favre, and is surprised by the pick.
- Mark Sanchez tells Dan Patrick that he thinks Jordan Love found the right situation in Green Bay.
- Chris Simms tells Dan Patrick he doesn't understand why the Packers traded up to get Jordan Love.
- Jesse Palmer tells Dan Patrick his thoughts on the time frame of Jordan Love developing behind Aaron Rodgers.
- First Things First (Fox Sports) says the move is a 'slap in the face' to Aaron Rodgers.
- Bill Barnwell tells Rich Eisen the message is loud and clear to Aaron Rodgers after trading up for his replacement.
- Mike Florio (Pro Football Talk) says that this move could drive Aaron Rodgers away from the Packers.
- First Take (ESPN)'s Stephen A. Smith thinks Aaron Rodgers should be 'disgusted' with the move.
- Get Up (ESPN) wonders out loud how soon Jordan Love will replace Aaron Rodgers. Rex Ryan was 'shocked' by the selection.
- SportsCenter (ESPN) notes that the Packers are thinking long-term with their NFL Draft decision.
Photo: Getty Images