For the first time this season, Wisconsin will host back-to-back home games, beginning Thursday against Savannah State. The Badgers have won their last seven non-conference home games.
Following an eight-day recess for final exams on campus, UW will host Grambling State on Dec. 22.
1. RESUME BUILDING: The Badgers are currently No. 11 in the NCAA's NET rankings and already have six wins over major conference teams, tops the nation.
2. HAPP STANDS ALONE: Preseason AP All-American Ethan Happ has opened the season like a postseason All-American. Ranking second in the nation in double-doubles (8 in 9 games), Happ ranks among the Big Ten's top three in scoring (19.3 ppg), rebounds (10.8 rpg) and assists (4.9 apg).
3. TRICE IS NICE: D'Mitrik Trice is off to a sizzling start in 2018-19, ranking fifth in the nation in 3-point field goal percentage, shooting 55.4% (31-for-56) from long range. His 3.1 3s per game also ranks third in the Big Ten. The sophomore guard entered the season with a career high of 16 points, but has already topped that in five of the first 10 games this season.
4. STRONG OUT THE GATES: Wisconsin has opened the season 8-2. The Badgers have started the season 8-2 or better in 14 of the last 17 seasons.
5. ROAD WARRIORS: Wisconsin is one of 10 major conferences teams with at least four wins away from home, matching its total road/neutral wins last season.
For more information, check out the full preview of Thursday's game (PDF).
Photo: Getty Images
Article: UWBadgers.com with permission
Video: Wisconsin Badgers