Hear from the Badgers' players as Wisconsin defeated Northwestern 24-15 on Saturday at Camp Randall Stadium to improve to 4-0.
- Junior RB Jonathan Taylor rushed for 119 yards on 26 carries with 1 touchdown. He entered the game with an FBS-leading 10 touchdowns on the season. Taylor also caught 3 passes for 15 yards.
- In just his 31st career game, Taylor moved past Anthony Davis (2001-04) for 4th on the Badgers’ all-time rushing list:
- Taylor topped the 100-yard rushing mark for the 26th time in his 31-game career, matching Montee Ball for the 2nd-most 100-yard games by a Badger. Only Ron Dayne (33) has more.
- Taylor has now rushed for 100-plus yards against 11 of the 13 Big Ten opponents. He will look to add the remaining 2 opponents — Michigan State and Ohio State — later this season.
- Junior QB Jack Coan went 15-for-24 for 113 yards.
- The Badgers have won each of Coan’s last 6 starts, dating back to last season. He is now 6-2 as UW’s starting quarterback.
- Sophomore DE Matt Henningsen scored his second fumble recovery touchdown of the season, falling on a fumble caused by Eric Burrell’s sack of Northwestern QB Hunter Johnson in the third quarter.
- Henningsen is the first Wisconsin player to score multiple defensive touchdowns in a season since Aaron Henry had 3 defensive TDs in 2010 (2 interception returns, 1 fumble recovery),
- He also recorded his 2nd sack of the season and finished with 3 tackles.
- Senior ILB Chris Orr tallied his first 2.0 sacks of the season, giving him, 4.5 for his career. He also added 9 tackles and a forced fumble.
- Junior OLB Noah Burks recorded his first-career interception in the fourth quarter and returned it 68 yards for his first-career touchdown. He also had a career-high 4 tackles and a TFL.
- Senior OLB Zack Baun finished with 1.5 tackles for loss, giving him 6.5 TFLs on the season.
- Sophomore ILB Jack Sanborn led UW with a career-high 13 tackles, including 1 for loss.
- Junior S Eric Burrell tallied his first-career sack and forced fumble, setting up Matt Henningsen’s touchdown in the third quarter.
- Junior S Collin Wilder notched his first sack as a Badger and a season-high 5 tackles.
- Sophomore CB Rachad Wildgoose recorded the first tackles for loss of his career, recording 2.0 TFLs.
Notes: UW Athletics
Audio: Learfield/IMG College
Photo: Getty Images